Information Assurance Analyst
The Information Assurance Analyst is responsible for developing analyzing network alerts from various sources to determine possible causes and mitigating risks to the network. Tracks and documents CND incidents from initial detection through final resolutuion. Perfoms CND assessmetns and coordinates with staff to resolve. Ensures that all applications are functional and secure and is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Responsible for implementation and execution of an organizational Network Defense strategy that is compliant with all local, state and federal guidelines for Information Systems and Security. Performs independent assessment of the information security posture of an organization using applicable tools. Assesses information network threats such as computer viruses and cyber threats. Manages the operation of vulnerability assessment equipment in support of penetration analyses.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
- DoD 8570 certified (CEH, CASP, CISM, GSLC or CISSP)
- Experience with Forescout, McAfee Nitro, and HBSS
- Understands CND policies, regulations, and compliance
- Can perform CND vulnerability assessments utilizing ACAS (Nessus scanning) and DISA STIGs
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Is competent in most areas of information systems security, including network, application, database, physical, web vulnerabilities and common security design flaws
- Must be able to successfully monitor systems, detect security problems and create IT solutions, including those of moderate complexity or sophistication
- Ability to make recommendations to security flaws in question
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- May review the work of others and be able to detect errors or needed modifications
- Possesses deep understanding with requirements of DoD 8570.1 and DoD DIACAP processes
- Must be able to meet MOD 13 requirements for deployments
Search for Our Information Assurance Analyst Jobs by Location: