Installs Network Engineer
Job Location: USA-NC-Fayetteville
Perform related planning; installation; configuration; operations and maintenance; documentation; network coordination and engineering activities related to network services. Provide coordination with the customer's network engineers to ensure installed/LCR equipment has been documented within the network monitoring system; Network Configuration Manager (NCM) and Access Control System (ACS).
Perform off-site surveys; installation; configuration; maintenance; documentation; hardware support; and testing at CONUS and OCONUS locations; as required.
Knowledge; Skills and Abilities
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- CCNA required
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II required
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
- Has technical knowledge of all phases of network operations
- Inside Plant (ISP) installation standards experience
- Cisco Call Manager Experience (Move; Add; Change; Delete (MACD) actions)
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
- Will be required to provide clear written documentation on network diagrams
- Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- Short duration travel is expected with this position
- TS/SCI Clearance required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#dpost #cjpost #ARMA #SPECOPS