MISSION SUPPORT OPERATOR
Provides 24/7 Tier 0-2 operational support to base end customers and users in the field. Monitor the performance and capacity of end-to-end IT computer systems using a variety of tools. Triage hardware, software, and environmental faults, alerts or malfunctions. When an issue is identified, the MSO works to determine the cause of the problem, provide situational awareness and resolution to the user community. Serve as first responder and ‘one-stop shop’ for all site issues, requiring a broad level of knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise. Duties include monitoring, recognition, evaluation, and correction of IT systems and network problems. Required to interface with the user community, Mission Directors, System Admins, Net Engs, external sites and other system operators as required for real-time detection, isolation, and resolution of problems. Provide network monitoring, troubleshooting, Testing, and Analysis on a myriad of IT infrastructure systems and critical physical infrastructure (HVAC, Power, UPS, etc) in accordance with established SOPs / TTPs.
*** $10,000 sign-on bonus Available ***
LOCATION – Livermore, CA
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT – TS/SCI – Department of Defense clearance
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in IT / Network administration and support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 24/7 Operational Support to customers and users in the field.
- Experience with SolarWinds, Splunk, WireShark (and other monitoring tools) to monitoring internal and external hardware, software, network connectivity, status IT infrastructure (utilizing ping, SNMP traps, customer scripts) – and utilizing established TTP’s to respond to issues
- Provide support to Networking team, including Layer 1/2/3 type activities and documentation/design.
- Experience with Linux and Windows system administration and networking background is preferable.
- Perform analysis (in both real-time and post-event) on key mission capabilities and provide feedback to internal and external customers
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly functional checks on systems and capabilities, also perform inspections on critical hardware and infrastructure
- Have a working knowledge of critical physical infrastructure (including HVAC, Power, UPS, etc) that is utilized to support mission operations
- Provide support to the Engineering staff for testing and validation of new software releases and network connections
- Support Configuration Management functions (Incidents, Assets) utilizing BMC Remedy
- Respond to customer voice and electronic support requests
- Respond to real time, mission critical situations (response defined in minutes)
- Participate in internal and external scheduled exercises
- Create, maintain and update SOP/TTP documentation