Under general supervision designs, installs and maintains the network system and coordinates its use. Maintains and reviews system and security logs. Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for simple networks. Manages network performance. Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Maintains, creates/deletes user accounts, maintains and updates system security plans on most platforms. Administers network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces security procedures.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- CCNA or equivalent experience, NET+, Security +
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
- Requires a good working knowledge of network administration and information systems
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of business software applications
- Should be able to distinguish between hardware problems, software problems or user error
- Basic business communication skills
- Can effectively deliver training
- Has good consulting skills
- Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve problems, most of them moderately complex
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- TS/SCI clearance required