USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
The Network Engineer (NE) performs tier three transport support in accordance with the SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD). In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s transport system (hardware and software), the NE must be detail oriented and have advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills. The NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems and terminals. The NE is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network as well as planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians Candidate must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (2013/2016)
***Sign-On bonus up to $10,000.00 for qualified candidates***
- CCNA required CCNP preferred
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II required
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
- Military experience preferred
- Experience with Cisco ASA Firewall administration and IDS/IPS modules
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting IPSec and SSL VPNs
- Expert level knowledge of the OSI model, common network protocols, TCP/UDP ports, and common network troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, wireshark, etc)
- Ability to troubleshoot multi-vendor network issues in the LAN/WAN and work with multiple teams to identify bottlenecks and other network configuration issues
- Experience with Cisco Nexus products preferred
- Understanding of the Cisco UCS integrated infrastructure and Flexpod Data Center solutions
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations.
- Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex networking problems
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures and diagrams
- Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Search for Our Network Engineer Jobs by Location: