USSOCOM's mission is to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
The Network Engineer (NE) performs tier three transport support in accordance with the SOCOM Information Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD). In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s transport system (hardware and software), the NE must be detail oriented and have advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills. The NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems and terminals. The NE is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network as well as planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians Candidate must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (2013/2016)
- Providing On-Call or after hours support to provide expert recommendations for troubleshooting issues
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
- Ensure proactive engagement in Incident Management process, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of network service outages
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Generating various reports as needed
- Testing and documenting network configurations and performance
- Managing and validating network security configurations
- Reviewing network standards and trends to identify and recommend operational improvements
- Briefing senior leaders on network status, issues, and recommendations
- Mentoring and leading junior network personnel
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in an IT-related field.
Description: Increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network engineering
Description: Specialized experience related to the candidate’s assigned task
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required certifications
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 55 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, routers and other computer equipment used in network operations.
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
- On-Call or after hours support to provide expert recommendations for troubleshooting issues will be required.
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Search for Our Network Engineer Jobs by Location: