Platform Engineer (TS/SCI)
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a strong Platform Engineer in the Fayetteville, North Carolina area.
As a Platform Engineer; provides input to the design of server and application architectures. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications. Occasionally performs the administrative operation of server
hardware and software.
- Ensures system security and executes practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoots system related problems.
- Performs database design and software development as required.
- Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications.
- Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
- BA/BS degree with 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II required (Level III preferred)
- Worked with Concourse, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity or other Continuous Integration tools.
- Experience in VMware vSphere / ESXi / NSX-T
- Expert knowledge of networking and related technologies (e.g. load balancing / DNS / SSL / firewalls / NAT / SDN)
- Expert knowledge of Linux / Unix systems
- Experienced in using Git
- Experience in release management
- Experience supporting production systems using Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities
- Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
- Solid worth ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and OpenStack
- Experience with Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, BOSH, or related automation / orchestration tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Experience working with DNS, NTP, SAML, OAuth 2, Active Directory
- Understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (Prometheus, New Relic, AppDynamics, Cacti, Graphite, ELK, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, Log Insight, vRealize Operations, Datadog, etc.)
- Background in Windows deployment, automation, and related technologies
- Experience with database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL) and messaging middleware technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ)
Top Secret /SCI
Search for Our Platform Engineer Positions by Location:
Fayetteville, NCSEARCH FOR JOBS FEATURED OPPORTUNITIES