Principle Oracle Database Engineer
ARMA-Global is seeking a self-starter ORACLE Database Engineer to participate as a member of an integrated government/contractor team of technical and functional experts in the conduct of providing Oracle 12c and MySQL database application support for a USSOCOM customer. Individual supports the development, integration, and operations and maintenance of systems deployed following the project development life cycle in compliance with the customer Project Management and security processes. The Database Administrator shall provide database administration support on the design, implementation database schemas, table indexing, and maintenance on Systems to include backups and recovery. Support both Oracle VM, OID, LDAP replication, Database, Cloud Control, and VMware virtualized environments and bare metal installations for databases and NetApp management. Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure. Some interaction with end user to validate business requirements against technical implementation plan. Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts, practices and procedures.
If you have a passion for assisting in the execution of a Special Operations classified contract environment and looking for an exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Equivalent of 10-15 years of experience in addition to numerous years of military/US Government support.
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
- Demonstrated experience as an Oracle DBA
- Demonstrated experience with restorations and backing up
- Demonstrated experience with instance configurations
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle 12c
- Demonstrated experience conducting performance measurements and determining options for increasing efficiency
- Demonstrated experience and skills with Query Tools: such as SQL
- Demonstrated experience supporting report development and assess query performance
- Experience working on SQL databases
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Internet Directory, and Oracle Cloud Control, SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle VM, VMware, LDAP, NetApp knowledge
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#Livermore #dpost #ARMA #cjpost