SR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Designs server and application architectures; performs administrative operation and maintenance functions of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
BA/BS, 8+ years of Systems or IT experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8 years of related systems engineering / IT experience.
- Requires an excellent working knowledge of information systems and application fundamentals
- 4-6 years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2; 2016
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus
- Experience with Internet Information Services (IIS) is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good business communication skills
- Pursues ongoing education in technical topics
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Detail oriented and organized; ensure accuracy of work
- CompTIA Security + Certification required within 90 days of hire for DoD 8570 Compliance
Search for Our Sr System Engineer Positions by Location: