Unified Capabilities (UC) Engineer
Shift work is required to support 24x7 operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work varying shifts. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
The UC Engineer performs tier three voice and video support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of UC hardware and software. Candidates must be subject matter experts in UC capable of designing, testing, and implementing UC capabilities throughout the enterprise. Candidates must have ability to organize resources and work collaboratively to meet multiple team objectives, as well as interact closely with Government representatives on highly advanced technical issues.
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating unified capabilities test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on unified capabilities implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in unified capabilities
Required Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least six years working as a UC Engineer or equivalent.
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon keeping required certifications current
- CCNP Collaboration
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
Preferred Qualifications: None
Other Essential Functions
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Position will require night and weekend work.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift Work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work varying shifts
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required. Position will require night and weekend work.
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.